Are you looking for wedding vows ideas or for a marriage poem that could be suitable as a reading for your wedding ceremony? If so, here is a heartfelt poem, ‘I Promise’ by Dorothy R. Colgan, which might fit your needs.
This poem features concepts including:
– Being giving partners to each other
– Treating each other’s needs with equal importance
– Ideas for maintaining and improving joy and excitement in the relationship
– Being vulnerable and transparent emotionally to acquire a deeper connectedness
– Planning to face and overcoming life changes together
– Promising full commitment to each other forever
Dorothy R. Colgan
I promise to give you the best of myself
and to ask of you no more than you can give.
I promise to respect you as your own person
and to realize that your interests, desires and needs
are no less important than my own.
I promise to share with you my time and my attention
and to bring joy, strength and imagination to our relationship.
I promise to keep myself open to you,
to let you see through the window of my world into my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams.
I promise to grow along with you,
to be willing to face changes in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting.
I promise to love you in good times and bad,
with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how.
Completely and forever.
For more pre-marriage tips and to better prepare for a successful marriage consider taking a premarital counseling course such as the one found at http://FLPremaritalCourse.com