Engagement parties are one of the highlights for the newly engaged couple. Finding truly meaningful and unique engagement gifts to celebrate can be a struggle. Here are some gift suggestions that can help promote a strong marriage.
- Various themed books. This includes funny or sweet couple activity books, marriage themed cookbooks and more. This type of gift provides the couple with something that they can do together for fun to create new memories, and reminds them of joyful past experiences that they have had together.
- A pre-paid outing. While this doesn’t have to be an expensive gift, it should allow the couple to get out of the house and enjoy an activity together. Examples of this could include a trip to a museum, theme park admission, movie tickets, or something else entirely. Since couples tend to jump straight into wedding planning as soon as they get engaged, this gives them the opportunity to celebrate and enjoy their newfound status by going on a fun, romantic date.
- Do something artsy with some photos of the couple. Did you know? Young adults with big grins in their photos are less likely to get divorced in the future. Find a few photos of the happy couple and encourage them to remember that fact! It’s certainly something to smile about.
- Give them something to look forward to. If the couple has a favorite hobby, they might enjoy being part of a monthly membership club for wine, chocolates, fruit, magazines, or something else entirely. Between jobs and wedding planning, their lives might feel hectic, but these gifts will provide much needed stress release and valuable alone time to enjoy one another’s company.
- Give them a discount on their marriage license. With all of the things that go into a wedding, the most important is the purchase of a marriage license. Without it, a wedding can’t happen. By purchasing access to an online premarital course, the couple can get a discount off their marriage license of $32.50 and bypass the 3-day waiting period. Plus, they will learn a lot of valuable information to help them achieve a great marriage. However, it is important to be sure that they plan to get married within a year of taking the premarital course.